Posted to rec.woodworking
Richard[_9_] Richard[_9_] is offline

Default OT, Debit card

On 8/6/2013 9:57 PM, Keith Nuttle wrote:
On 8/6/2013 10:29 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
"Pat Barber" wrote:

A better solution is to place all your
cards on a scanner/copier and make a paper
copy that you find(maybe) the next time this
happens.

Mikey likes it; however, given my limitation these days of sometimes
not being able to recover hard copy, think I'll scan that page in
memory as a pdf file in an appropriate folder.

If all else fails, can do a "search" of all the drives to retrieve the
file.

Lew

If you scan a hard copy document, and create a PDF file, it will not be
searchable. It is the same as making a PDF of a picture of your wife,
there is no text to search. As I understand in working with genealogical
document, you can create a searchable database for the image PDF
document by doing and OCR of the document.

If you print a PDF document from a word processor, the text is
maintained as text in the PDF document, and is searchable.

You could search your hard drive for the file name but I forget file
name so for me that would not work.

PDF files _can_ have an underlaying text layer that IS searchable.