Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave Balderstone Dave Balderstone is offline

Default Hummm LeeValley screws up and does not make good.

In article , Leon
lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

On 8/6/2013 11:57 AM, Gramp's shop wrote:
Here's a case of a low-level clerk with little or no understanding of the
value of customer satisfaction. When I come up against this kind of stuff,
I always ask to speak to the supervisor. I usually get a satisfactory
resolution.

Larry

You are probably right but FWIW I followed up with an e-mail and this is
the response that I got and my response

snip
And so far I have responded to the above response with,

Regardless of what you think may have happened, please see attached
confirmation receipt, if this is not good enough to prove that I did
every thing necessary to insure that my order was effectively placed,
your system has a flaw. Once I get a receipt I should not have to wonder
if the order went through or not.

Leon Bridges

That is a horrible response from LV. It should have been:

"I'm terribly sorry about your experience and will certainly
investigate what happened in our system.

While we obviously did not ship your order in time, I am taking the
liberty of sending you a gift card in the full amount of your order as
some small compensation.

Again, my sincere apologies, and my thanks for bringing this to our
attention.

Sincerely,

Really Good Customer Service Rep"

djb

--
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to
read. - Groucho Marx