Posted to rec.woodworking
MJ[_5_] MJ[_5_] is offline

Default Shed foundation quandary

Wow $3k for a 10x12, I'm always shocked when I see how much it cost to do things in other parts of the country.

This is an order of magnitude greater than it would cost in AL.

I live in Northern California, 45 miles north of the Golden Gate. No frost level to speak of.

The quote came from the contractor who built my house over 10 years ago. He's a wonderful guy and he explained the work that needed to be done to pour the slab. I have a sloping property and he was going to have to mitigate any water that might surround the slab. The way he described it, it sounded like a lot of work, but at $3k, I skipped it and went looking for piers. He told me that to put his crew on site is $1k per day and my slab would roughly be 3 days. I suspect that he might only needed two days, but this was a guess.

MJ