Posted to alt.home.repair
harryagain[_2_] harryagain[_2_] is offline

Default Gardens, Pests, Poisons, Friends....

"Norminn" wrote in message
m...
This is my first year with a koi pond, full-scale veggie garden, and lots
of shrub/flower beds to put in. It's been a real learning experience, all
around. First pest to show up was a colony of chipmunks...there were
stalks of indian corn left in the garden over winter from previous owner.
Knew I should have gotten rid of them, but it was a busy winter.
Chipmunks ALL OVER the place when it was about time to plant veggies, so
went shopping for rat traps. Peanut butter and seeds on the traps; no
dice. Went shopping for poison corn, a serious weapon, judging from label
instructions. Held off on that, ready to kill varmints if they touched my
new plants. Chipmunks were all over the place, including taking drinks at
the pond, but no sign of harm to plants. Stray cat shows up now and then,
especially in neighbor's yard where a bunch of rabbits live under the pine
trees. About this time, the c'munks seem to head for farm country. Other
than moving a few of my flower seeds and small bulbs, they didn't seem to
bother anything, other than plant some sorghum next to the back door. I
really didn't want to poison them, mainly because some good creature might
dine on their poisoned corpses.

What you need is whatever chow they eat soaked in anti freeze (Automobile
radiator)