Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival

Default Battery Warranties

Versatile, is good. I've found that during power cuts, storms, etc, the
battery needs change quite a bit. Call ID box is less important, and
pocket mini mag much more so.

The electrical section of Walmart has "closet lights" fluorescent and
battery power. About ten bucks. I bought one that runs on four D cells,
and screws to the wall. It sits over my light switch in my bedroom, for
the moments when the power is out. Weight and size, less of an issue.
But, longer run time and good light output is nice.

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

On 8/6/2013 9:57 AM, Nate Nagel wrote:

Right, exactly.

That said, having a couple 2xAA to D adapters laying around is still not
that bad an idea for emergencies as it seems that AA cells are the most
common type, so if/when you run out of D's you can scrounge cells out of
remotes, small flashlights, cordless phones, etc. and use your
D-cell-powered device for a little while at least.

nate