Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Hummm LeeValley screws up and does not make good.

On 8/6/2013 12:24 PM, FrozenNorth wrote:
On 8/6/2013 11:44 AM, Leon wrote:
August 1 I ordered 60 rare earth magnets from Lee Valley. I got a
receipt and confirmation number. Checking on the order today they have
no record of the order and are not willing to expedite shipping on the
order unless I am willing to pay an additional $30+ dollars for second
day shipping.

I'm thinking I should pay the original $10 shipping and they pick up the
difference in price to get it here more quickly.

I canceled the order.

Very odd, they have always done good by me, I regularly order on line
for an in store pickup (saves the line ups), always get the
confirmation, then the pickup notice usually arrives shortly after the
store opens, since I often order late at night. Then a ten minute
drive, pick it up at the pickup counter, and a ten minute drive back home.

I have always been happy with Lee Valley in fact I send my customers to
their site to pick out hardware for the furniture that I design and
build for them. I let them save by bypassing me and ordering direct
from LeeValley.