Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Identification for onboard switch needed (Receiver Pioneer A-331)

On 06/08/2013 16:09, dave wrote:
On 08/06/2013 06:56 AM, Phil Allison wrote:
"Rheilly Phoull"
Phil Allison wrote:
"Jens Herrmann"
Phil Allison wrote:

** There is no sign of residue on the switches in the pic.
So you used an evaporative contact spray like Freon or IPA.

Yes evaporative, but I had to open the switches to apply it.

** Silly, risky thing to do.

WD40 works in seconds with no disassembly.

Try some WD40 or similar spray lubricant - seriously bet it makes
all
the
switches work again.

I would prefer to replace them as the switch mechanism inside did not
look
very well.

** You have NOTHING to lose by TRYING my suggestion.

Been working near miracles for me, nearly every day, for 40+ years.

How does the WD40 go for pots ?

** If a squirt of WD40 does not restore good operation - nothing else
will.

But be very careful with linear faders as it can dissolve the grease that
gives them a nice feel - if possible, open them up and clean the
track and
wipers with a rag and small brush dipped in WD40.

I have always thought it was short term and destructive.

** Nonsense.

... Phil

DeOxit Red is what I use for rotary pots. Deoxit Gold for switches and
jacks. They make a DeOxit for linear pots, but it often makes things
worse. Use a swab with Lubriplate, after careful diassembly and cleaning.

going by what looks like broken pcb in that photo, then likely
mechanical damage to the switch, chemicals will not remedy that