Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default Bizarre toilet leaking problem

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

stuff snipped

3,414 possible fixes pictured here...

http://www.houzz.com/raised-tub-platform

Somewhere in the middle of the first page there's a tiny bathroom with a
little stepstool. Shrink that bathroom to a 1941 Cape Cod and that's what I
am dealing with. It's interesting that the reason the shower/tub drain is
so badly out of whack is because of its length. The other drains coming off
the waste main don't have this problem. If I cut the main waste stack and
remove about 2" the tub drain line will have a good positive pitch again. I
think. What I fear is that the settling has put the 6' shower drain pipe
under pretty serious tension.

Some of those raised bathrooms are really beautiful. We've always been
planning to move into a much larger, newer house but now we're thinking
retirement community as Father Time hunts us down relentlessly. Two friends
have made the move and they're loving it. I could very easily decide the
drain was the straw that broke the camel's back and get us moved into sigh
senior living. I don't understand how this happened. It seems like just
yesterday the Beatles invaded the US and Batman was appearing on network TV
for the first time.

"Turn backwards, turn backwards Oh Time in your flight,
It turns out that getting old really does bite!"

--
Bobby G.