David Hall

Default Firewood plans

Juergen Hannappel bragged in message news:

Does anybody know where i can get free (or paid-for) plans for optimal
firewood pieces? ;-)

Are all the woodworkers here needing plans for every little oiece they
build? If i start a woodworking project i usually think asbout it,
then start building considering available material without bothering
about ready-made plans...

Well, good on you! Do you feel appropriately superior now that you've
said this? Do you feel a need to try to belittle those who enjoy the
hobby of building but don't (or don't yet) have the ability to design
in their heads (or on paper for that metter)? Various folks have made
this same type of statement numerous times on this newsgroup and I
have yet to understand why they seem to feel so superior or why they
feel the need to somehow mock those who don't "do" design. To me this
is kind of like people in a skiing group trying to make fun of people
who ski but don't make their own skis or a golf group wondering why
all golfers don't design their own courses.

Man, I just went on and on, didn't I I guess you hit a nerve since
I am not the designing type but still like to build stuff. If it is
much more complex than a box, I like some direction. Some of the best
cooks I know still own some cookbooks and don't just open the fridge
and start pulling out whatever is there to create some new dish for
that evening's dinner party.

Dave Hall