Todd Fatheree

Default Sawstop cabnet saw nearing reality

"Upscale" wrote in message
.cable.rogers.com...
wrote in message

and consider the consequences of a false deployment of that air bag at
200 MPH in a cluster of cars when one bumps into another....

Senseless statement. About as bad as saying that seat belts are dangerous
because you might accidentally choke yourself with one.

Are you friggin' kidding? Have you ever watched a NASCAR race? How often
do the cars bump each other from behind? I'll answer it for you...it
happens a lot. There's a very real danger of having a false deployment
under those conditions. And at this point, I'd hazard a guess to say the
additional safety to be had by an air bag in a Cup car is minimal on top of
four-point harnesses and a HANS device. I'd also say it's dubious that an
air bag would even be an effective aid in a 160mph collision

todd