Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Bizarre toilet leaking problem

Rebel1 wrote:
Thanks nestork for both your messages. You presented possibilities I hadn't considered.

The floor is fairly level. Using a 2' level with one end on the floor at
the back of the bowl, the front end is about 1/8" (a nickle plus a penny)
lower. So yes, there is a slight tilt.

Slight tilt?

I certainly wouldn't call a 1/8" drop in 2 feet "fairly level".

Stolen without permission from
http://www.nachi.org/forum/f18/floor-slope-68633/

"The "Residential Construction Performance Guidelines for Professional
Builders and Remodelers", Third Edition, by the National Association of
Home Builders allows that a floor should not slope more than 1/2" in 20
feet."

If the slope you measured in that 2 foot space is consistent across the
room, then you'd be down 1/2" in only 8. That's definitely not "fairly
level".