Posted to sci.electronics.repair
dave dave is offline

Default Old Tektronix 7603 Question

On 08/04/2013 04:58 PM, wrote:
This is getting to be fun. I took all the transistors off the other H amp board now and replaced the ones in the original. Now the symptom changed and I got three dots per vertical channel, and those positioning controls actually work. In fact the vertical actually seems to work after changing all the semis on the horizontal. I can't change them all on thew vertical (to get the horizontal working lol) because I don't have them. The old 7613 has a completely different vertical amp board. (maybe I should try it anyway, what've I got to lose now ?)

Now I am really lost but having given up makes it really tolerable. At the moment I guess I am just going to look for another scope. fukit, I will traqde the 7603, 7613 and 422 carcasses for just one scope that works.

I got a decent scppe at work but I am to the point where I doubt I work there anymore. I just have to pick up my tools and figure out where to go from there. I'm sure it is becoming obvious tha tI have too much time on my hands.

So much for that.

Have you tried the Tek scope Yahoo groups? They are quite extensive and
chances are someone has already experienced the same failure that is
entertaining you.