Posted to sci.electronics.repair
isw isw is offline

Default power supply design question

In article ,
wrote:

-- snip --

So, this probably sounds like a stupid question, but I have to ask. Does a
120V 60HZ transformer this small even exist? This primary supply would not
even have to be regulated and the current requirements are miniscule.. I'm
not experienced enough to try to design a switcher for this application.

So don't design a switcher; use one out of a wall-wart cell phone
charger. 5 volt 0.5 amp ones are common. There's generally a resistor or
Zener you can tweak to adjust the voltage, but how much higher you could
go, I don't know (depends on the specific SMPS, too).

Isaac