Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] vjp2.at@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com is offline

Default 2008 lost LED mons while rained

One was on a Compaq Aero 4/24 I got used. THe aero was the best laptop I
ever used. Ev'tho only DOS, but it was perfect for most things.

THe other a year old siemens monitor. I'm thinking geomagnetic storm because
they both used transformed DC power. Remember it was only drizzling and it
was four days apart.

Now the two 2002 modem incidents made more semce. There was lightning. In
fact in the second case we had a microburst tornado that took off a few roofs
and a fence on my block. I put a surge protector on th eentire phone line
after that.

If one says once burned, twice shy, what do you say for twice burned? I
avoid using any plugged-in computer of my own when it rains as a result.

- = -
http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm