Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Patching window frame with car body filler

In article ,
robgraham writes:
On Sunday, August 4, 2013 5:42:59 PM UTC+1, robgraham wrote:

Thanks guys for your replies and encouragement. With the reasonably obliging weather at the moment I'd better get on with it.

The question now of course is whether such a repair will last another 23 years as that will probably comfortably see me out !!!

Probably not.
The weak part is the join to the existing timber which will still
change in size as the humidity changes, and the resin won't.
The best chance is probably if you use a resin-based hardener on
the existing timber, and you paint with a good quality external
gloss undercoat and topcoat (such as Weathershield), which will
last longer than standard gloss when the timber underneath does
move, before it cracks.

--
Andrew Gabriel