Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Ring gearing was Gearbox efficiency while back-driving

"pyotr filipivich" wrote in message
"Jim Wilkins" on Sat, 3 Aug 2013
19:33:28 -0400

No matter, we had a rich Uncle who would pay for what we broke,
usually without asking questions.
jsw

There is that. Not to mention buying the AV gas for your plane
(but that is a more .. specialized group, those active members of
Uncle Sam's Flying Club.)
pyotr filipivich

What really impressed me was that they would provide a Captain pilot
to transport a Sergeant.repair tech.

What didn't impress me the same way was the second-tour pilot's demo
of how to unexpectedly drop like a rock into a hot LZ in Nam.

Excuse me, Sir, but aren't the helicopter's blades supposed to be in
the blue instead of the green direction?
jsw