Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default OT, Another WTF Moment

"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

stuff snipped

If it was folded up, why would Wes have wondered what could have been in
it? Why would the guards have asked her to open it so they could look
inside? Why would she have had to throw it over the fence?

You would have made more than a passable reporter, asking nagging questions
like that!

Maybe it was a box kite? Maybe she was a former discus thrower who "spun
up" the box to "escape" velocity? Maybe NBC reporters had previously
strapped a rocket motor to the box? The possibilities are endless.

Even folded up, I would like to see the technique used. Frisbee style
perhaps? 10' feet is fairly high when trying to throw an object that will
catch wind, unless of course the wind was in her favor. Maybe it was windy
enough that she just threw it straight up and the wind carried it over.

;-)

That's it. The winds were in her favor. For some odd reason I am reminded
of Nixon's secretary Rose Mary Woods showing press photographers how she
could have "accidentally" erased critical footage from the Nixon Tapes by
stretching her arms and legs out to a near impossible "split" and trying to
convince people she held them that way for 18 minutes. Gotta admire her
loyalty even if her veracity was questionable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Rose_Mary_Woods.jpg

And the cow jumped over the moon . . . (-:

--
Bobby G.