Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Oprah Winfrey knows duct tape

On Tue, 30 Jul 2013 23:50:31 +0000 (UTC), Red Green
wrote:

Dean Hoffman " wrote in
:

On 7/29/13 8:57 PM, micky wrote:
On Mon, 29 Jul 2013 17:25:44 -0500, Dean Hoffman
" wrote:

Quote:

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side,
and it
holds the universe together.

From: http://www.dumb-quotes.com/page/6/

I don't see what's dumb about this quote. She has it right.

I agree.

Don't expect too much from the site.

The first quote they have is "George Burns
I spent a year in that town, one Sunday." which I'm sure was funny in
context, and which he stole (as he would freely tell you) from
W.C. Fields "I once spent a year in Philadelphia, I think it was on a
Sunday." That's who they should be citing, if they still can't
distinguish humor from dumb.

"Take my wife, please." I have no idea which old comedian used
that line anymore.

Henny Youngman?

That's right I couldn't remember either, but you're right.

The site does have some Yogi Berra quotes. There are some there
from
former vice presidential candidate Dan Quayle. It's a wonder famous
people don't get caught saying more stupid things as much as they
talk. How many ways can a coach say his team won because his guys
played better?