Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wow, Detroit services are failing

With the Detroit local population being used to "everything being free"
and provided by the govt. Private investors for service are not likely
to be willing to pay even courtesy copayments. After all, they "got the
service for free" for so long.

I had that problem with refrigerated coolers, one time. The company
provided them "free" as merchandisers. After the company dropped them
from the maint list, I asked some store managers if they would like to
pay me to maintain the machines. "Why would we pay to maintain a free
cooler?"

..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

On 8/3/2013 4:40 AM, Ashton Crusher wrote:

The city should privatize services. Let investors move there and
invest.

Invest in what? Corner the market on slums? Imagine trying to
collect on that huge deadbeat population.