Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT, Another WTF Moment

On 8/2/2013 9:51 PM, Bob F wrote:
Higgs Boson wrote:
On Friday, August 2, 2013 4:56:36 PM UTC-7, The Daring Dufas
wrote:
On 8/2/2013 6:08 PM, Frank wrote:

On 8/2/2013 3:48 PM, wrote:

On Friday, August 2, 2013 7:36:40 AM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

[...snip....]

I won't even hire a smoker because they're addicted to a very
powerful albeit legal drug. Besides I'm very allergic to the
smoke as are many employees of my customers. ^_^

Got a call the other day out of the blue from a friend I had
worked with in the non-smokers' rights movement -- must be at least
2 decades ago. What we had to go through, between the
all-powerful tobacco lobby and the freaking politicians who were
too scared or too venal to vote in the public interest!!!

People today who can breathe freely in restaurants, movies,
stores, etc. don't realize what it was like back then -- threats,
insults, sometimes physical violence.

I quit jobs twice because of smokers, and should have the first time
they were ruining my health. Yes, I really like the improvements we
now have.

I love seeing how obnoxious reformed smokers can be when smokers
bother them now. After they did the same to others for years.

I smoked for 9 months, then I went cold turkey at the age of one day.
That's why I'm horribly allergic to tobacco smoke. The crap is like
pepper spray to me and after exposure to it in any smokey place, I can
be sick for several days depending on my exposure to the poison. ^_^

I never have understood why someone sets something on fire then inhales
the byproducts of combustion. Which caveman discovered smoking pot, I
wonder if Ug and Nog started a fire to cook a Brontosaurus leg then used
some dried weeds they found to get the fire going? The smoke from the
fire must have gotten them going, probably causing the first time a man
tried to contemplate the vastness of the Universe. o_O

TDD