Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default OT, Another WTF Moment

Higgs Boson wrote:
On Friday, August 2, 2013 4:56:36 PM UTC-7, The Daring Dufas wrote:
On 8/2/2013 6:08 PM, Frank wrote:

On 8/2/2013 3:48 PM, wrote:

On Friday, August 2, 2013 7:36:40 AM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:

[...snip....]

I won't even hire a smoker because they're addicted to a very
powerful albeit legal drug. Besides I'm very allergic to the smoke
as are many employees of my customers. ^_^

Got a call the other day out of the blue from a friend I had worked
with in the non-smokers' rights movement -- must be at least 2
decades ago. What we had to go through, between the all-powerful
tobacco lobby and the freaking politicians who were too scared or too
venal to vote in the public interest!!!

People today who can breathe freely in restaurants, movies, stores,
etc. don't realize what it was like back then -- threats, insults,
sometimes physical violence.

I quit jobs twice because of smokers, and should have the first time they were
ruining my health. Yes, I really like the improvements we now have.

I love seeing how obnoxious reformed smokers can be when smokers bother them
now. After they did the same to others for years.