Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_47_] Bill[_47_] is offline

Default Casing doors

dadiOH wrote:
"Bill" wrote in message

I inset numerous nails heads still present from me
shimming the door several times. My thought is that I
will apply some EZ-Sand drywall compound (or Durabond)
over that strip (containing the strike plate), and paint
it, to pretty it up. The door opens to the inside of
the garage, and there is even a piece of weather strip in
place. Thus, I think condensation would be main possible
source of moisture. Is it likely to hold up if I do
this (I'm sure how good my Zinnser 123 and drywall
compound are at dealing with moisture like this)?

If you are worried about it melting, use setting compound rather than
drying. Or plaster. Or Bondo. Or lacquer base auto glazing compound. Et
cetera.

Thank you. Will do!

Bill