Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
James Waldby[_3_] James Waldby[_3_] is offline

Default A nice video of manual transmission operation from SAE

On Fri, 02 Aug 2013 13:16:23 -0400, Joe Gwinn wrote:
In article , Ed Huntress wrote:
On Fri, 02 Aug 2013 09:20:56 -0700, wrote:
On Fri, 02 Aug 2013 10:56:21 -0400, Ed Huntress wrote:
SAE's online operations produce some good videos of mechanical
operation of car parts. Here's a video on contemporary manual
transmissions (conventional) that they link to at DriveLineNews.com.
If detents, synchronizers, blocking rings and clutch cones are a
little vague in your mind and you want to see them in action, take a
look at this.

http://drivelinenews.com/videos/manual-transmissions/
Thanks for the link Ed. Even though I already knew how manual
transmissions work, and have rebuilt a few, I still like looking at
animations of them working. In fact,

[snip]

I have some great videos that I'm planning to use as the cover
"photographs" for the online magazine I'm working on. You go to the
magazine home page, and the video starts right up.

People on dialup will not be happy with this. (No, I'm on cable.)

I use broadband cable internet too, and am not happy with websites that
start a video playing when a page is loaded. During google searches I
usually open several pages at once (on new tabs, via right click) and
it's aggravating when several start playing videos at the same time.
When that happens I find the offending page and click stop or close,
then come back to the page in its turn (or not, if I closed it).

--
jiw