Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default A nice video of manual transmission operation from SAE

On Fri, 02 Aug 2013 09:20:56 -0700, wrote:

On Fri, 02 Aug 2013 10:56:21 -0400, Ed Huntress
wrote:

SAE's online operations produce some good videos of mechanical
operation of car parts. Here's a video on contemporary manual
transmissions (conventional) that they link to at DriveLineNews.com.
If detents, synchronizers, blocking rings and clutch cones are a
little vague in your mind and you want to see them in action, take a
look at this.

http://drivelinenews.com/videos/manual-transmissions/
Thanks for the link Ed. Even though I already knew how manual
transmissions work, and have rebuilt a few, I still like looking at
animations of them working. In fact, I like to watch just about any
type of mechanical system working. I still get fascinated watching my
CNC machines make a part even though I am the one who programs and
sets up the machines and can see in my mind's eye what the machine is
doing as I write the program.
Eric

I love those things, too. I'll bet that most of the people here, at
least the mechanical types, enjoy it as well.

I have some great videos that I'm planning to use as the cover
"photographs" for the online magazine I'm working on. You go to the
magazine home page, and the video starts right up.

It looks good and it really communicates. I don't know what issue I'll
use it for, but I'm planning on it.

--
Ed Huntress