Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default A nice video of manual transmission operation from SAE

On Fri, 02 Aug 2013 10:56:21 -0400, Ed Huntress
wrote:

SAE's online operations produce some good videos of mechanical
operation of car parts. Here's a video on contemporary manual
transmissions (conventional) that they link to at DriveLineNews.com.
If detents, synchronizers, blocking rings and clutch cones are a
little vague in your mind and you want to see them in action, take a
look at this.

http://drivelinenews.com/videos/manual-transmissions/

Thanks for the link Ed. Even though I already knew how manual
transmissions work, and have rebuilt a few, I still like looking at
animations of them working. In fact, I like to watch just about any
type of mechanical system working. I still get fascinated watching my
CNC machines make a part even though I am the one who programs and
sets up the machines and can see in my mind's eye what the machine is
doing as I write the program.
Eric