Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Wescott[_4_] Tim Wescott[_4_] is offline

Default Philips Abistar electronic ballasts

On Fri, 02 Aug 2013 07:56:28 -0500, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh wrote:

Has anyone had any bad experiences with the Philips RELB-2S40-N ballasts
as replacements?

I bought four the other day; two were bad out of the wrapper, and one
failed within an hour. The fourth has four days on it with no apparent
issues. I have scoured the internet to the extent of my abilities, and
not found ONE complaint about the reliability of these units.

(and it doesn't make much sense that _even_Philips_ would put out
something that bad in large quantities)

I'm figuring, I must've gotten some from a bad batch...

Anyone else seen this?

Lloyd

I've seen it with other products.

I'd also wonder if you got some counterfeits, thanks to some enterprising
Chinese entrepreneur.

--
Tim Wescott
www.wescottdesign.com