Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default electronic vs mechanical timer

leza wang wrote:
Hi
Could you please tell me which one is better electronics or mechanical timer? I want a timer for my basement dehumidifier to turn it on/off for 3-4hrs/day. I saw some timers and I was thinking about mechanical because I do not have to change battery etc since I might not be around to change the battery. I have found this one from Lowes

http://www.lowes.ca/timers-photo-cel...7005.html#aRvw

But if you think electronics one is better and it can last working for 1 year without changing the battery then I will consider electronics timer.

Thanks a lot.

Hi,
Hey, Lithium batteris last LONG time. Electronic one can generate EMI.