Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Firth Steve Firth is offline

Default Separating Wired and Wireless Networks

Roger Mills wrote:
On 01/08/2013 20:55, David.WE.Roberts wrote:

I assume you know that a physical LAN (set of wires) can support several
logical LANs (IP subnets).

So for example one physical Ethernet network could support 192.168.0.0,
192.168.1.0, 192.168.2.0.

As long as the router can support multiple logical LANs then there is no
requirement for all your local devices to share the same subnet.

I'm not aware that ordinary domestic routers *can* support multiple
logical LANs, hence my reference to mucking about with subnet masks.

Draytek