Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Barnes[_2_] Mike Barnes[_2_] is offline

Default Separating Wired and Wireless Networks

The Natural Philosopher :
On 01/08/13 09:20, Tim Watts wrote:
In theory you can still stick a bridging firewall between then or make use
of whatever firewalling is in the WIFI AP - but having a flat IP space seems
to be less hassle - at least with my usage patterns.

+1 it aint worth the hassle

+ another 1

I tried it for a while with a spare router, but in the end it was more
trouble than it was worth. Complexity can be the enemy of security, and
IMO it's better (in an ordinary domestic environment) to keep things
simple. So, one flat network, and save your energy for securing the
wireless network.

--
Mike Barnes