Creamy Goodness

Default Grandfather Clock

Bubba wrote:
Turns out, that our office Xerox machine had a fairly significant
amount of distortion that wasn't noticeable on a page of text but
managed to turn circles into ovals. To save five bucks, I had
created a series of non-workable, interlocking cams.

When building models of the projects here (we're an architectural firm) many
times it's necessary for the model shop to plot out large scale parts or
layout diagrams for the base. One commonly found problem is moisture or
lack of moisture in the paper which makes it stretch or shrink. Over a 4' -
8' span the plot can be off as much as an inch due to shrinkage. Always
something to keep in mind when printing or copying plans.

I'm doing the same exact thing right now with a wooden clock with wooden
gears except I'm cheating - using the LaserCAMM at work to cut the parts
out! talk about accurate. I have to worry about the thickness of the
laser, .002, and that's about it.

Mike Rinken