Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C.[_3_] Pete C.[_3_] is offline

Default Advice on tricky tree felling?

Wes Groleau wrote:

On 07-31-2013 16:05, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Wondering if anyone has taken a similar approach to removing trees that need to fall in specific directions. Would a standard block and tackle suffice, or are there specific tree handling versions I could rent somewhere? Not seeing much info online.

I remember when a "pro" was someone who could control the
direction of fall by the angle of his cuts.

That works only when the tree is reasonably vertical and balanced. No
amount of angled cuts will get a tree that is leaning notably or
significantly out of balance to fall the opposite way.