Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim..... tim..... is offline

Default High Security = Low Security

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...
On Thu, 01 Aug 2013 08:08:06 +0100, Nightjar wrote:

The multiplicity of codes meant that none of the keys on the common door
pad would show signs of more use than others.

And the wear/clean buttons problem can be avoided by having a nixie
tube behind each button and moving the numbers about after each use.
Also makes shoulder surfing harder.

I bet the draw back is that as people can't remember and use the the
pattern for the code rather than the code itself, codes (unless
strictly controlled) become simple...

I certainly do that with my 4 digit CC PIN that was the one originally
provided by the bank.

tim