Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rick Hughes[_5_] Rick Hughes[_5_] is offline

Default Machine Mart - small claim

On 01/08/2013 08:47, The Other Mike wrote:
On Wed, 31 Jul 2013 18:08:30 +0100, Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:

On Wed, 31 Jul 2013 16:47:44 +0100, Rick Hughes
wrote:

Update on this ..... Mediation went ahead, not sure why Machine Mart
opted for it they refused any compromise or to accept any offer.
Machine Mart stated contractually they have provided a Credit note with
stated T&C's and have met them.
Although Mediator tried to position morally they had not explained time
limit, and they could keep a long term customer by making a compromise
they refused.

They were not interested that original item was "not fit for purpose"

Now been told if I want it to go before a judge it will be another £25
fee and a further £25 costs if I don't win.

Oh, that does it. They can go and **** themselves as far as I'm
concerned. This intransigent and stupid attitude of theirs will lose
them many times more than a simple replacement or refund would have
cost them.

Ditto. Since this was first mentioned in here they have lost over 900 quid a
year repeat business (just one product line)

The catalogues they send now go straight in the bin.

If anybody wanted to tell them they have lost business ...
The email address is