Posted to sci.electronics.repair
passerby passerby is offline

Default Inverted colors after an (almost) successful iPod Touch repair

responding to
http://www.electrondepot.com/repair/...pa-147623-.htm
, passerby wrote:
pdrahn wrote:

What exactly do you mean by "reversed colors"? You need a
color pallet
for the device to know how the colors relate. Problem could be just a
single connection to the display that is not making contact.

"Inverted" was the best I could describe it. For example, when the iPod
starts, there should be a white apple on black background. It's now black
apple on white. I can kind of sort of see the menus but they look washed out
(although black text is still black, which is weird). Sometimes it might look
like one of the colors (most likely green) is missing, but then on some
screens you would see a bit of green anyway (for example, the battery icon is
green or yellow green anyway). All the icons are in wrong/odd colors

If this was a VGA display and it was behaving like that, I would have thought
a single connection is missing, too. V and H are fine - all shapes are
correct, I definitely see blue and red. Green looks weird or missing, so I
would go search for a problem with the G connection. But this is a digital LCD
display, I don't believe it's controlled by the same principal. So, if the
connector was off, the whole thing would probably be dark or at least look
seriously messed up.