Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_47_] Bill[_47_] is offline

Default Casing doors

Mike Marlow wrote:
Bill wrote: It was due to the door latch hitting
the edge of the striker plate. Installing a different striker plate
allowed me to move the opening down about 1/4 inch--which I strongly
believe is the final word on that problem.

Except that a properly installed door does not require what you strongly
believe in.

I was being "too poetic" using "strongly believe". I FIXED the door.
I am however going to adjust it a little before I encase it "for
eternity". I'm off to pick up some shims now.

Mike Marlow, I didn't throw any mud your way. You are one of the folks
who chased Larry J off. Don't you miss having him around?

Summarizing what he told me when I wrote to him, it was that he was too
old to be belittled. Maybe I was the only one who tried to get him to
come back?

Bill

But then, there are only hundreds of thousands of them out
there...Or, probably, more...