Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Paul Drahn Paul Drahn is offline

Default Inverted colors after an (almost) successful iPod Touch repair

On 7/31/2013 11:23 AM, passerby wrote:
responding to
http://www.electrondepot.com/repair/...pa-147623-.htm

, passerby wrote:
leif wrote:

Could it be a reversed polarizing filter in front of the screen? Or
perhaps I am totally confusing technologies...
Leif

Thank you for your replies, guys! I did think about a polarized filter of
sorts because it does in fact look like a polarized filter got reversed!
But
there's only one orientation of the glass that it can possibly go back
to and
the mylar backing (never heard of polarized backing, but who knows)
stayed on
the LCD all the time, 'cause it was glued. In other words, if anything is
polarized, it went right back to the original orientation, so should not
have
caused any issue.

I looked around for a different color scheme (better visibility option)
- but
could not locate any. Sorry, not a big iPod user - it's my son's device. If
there's such a software option that can reverse colors, please advise.

What exactly do you mean by "reversed colors"? You need a color pallet
for the device to know how the colors relate. Problem could be just a
single connection to the display that is not making contact.

Paul