Charlie Self

Default Sawstop cabnet saw nearing reality

TeamCasa writes:

This saw technology is being developed for the long term. Should this
technology succeed, it will become a required feature on all saws of every
application.

I can just see dropping a bandsaw blade below the table instantaneously.

Examples of this type of marketing abound. Seat belts, airbags, anit-lock
brakes, life jackets, emergency locator beacons, anti kickback, guards of
every size and shape.

You're writing of life and death or major injury situations there, applying to
many thousands of deaths or injuries. That simply is not the case with
amputation and partial amputation injuries.

Trust me when I say, as soon as the technology makes it past the commercial
world where OSHA and the insurance companies force it on all machines
operated by employees, it won't be long before its on every saw.

When will it "make it past the commercial world" when it can be forced on every
saw? It may be required on commercial saws, but damned few tablesaws sold are
commercial use models, in comparison to the overall market.

Charlie Self
"If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave
it to." Dorothy Parker