Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default High Security = Low Security

In article , D.M.Chapman
wrote:
In article , polygonum
wrote:

If the lock is one where specific authorisation is required to get a
copy made, then that does indeed go some way towards stopping there
being any copies out there. Though I am sure many people here could
somehow knock up a replica of some sort that would function, so it is
not a guarantee.

When I was a student (20 years back now...) our room keys were marked "Do
not duplicate" and where apparantly licenced so blanks couldn't be
obtained.

Was fairly well known the the guy in the market who cut keys for a quid
would also cut these one - he just charged a fiver for them :-)

I'd not trust "no one is allowed to copy the key". It'll make things
harder maybe, but near impossible to prevent completely.

especially as it was ruled an interference with free trading to restrict
the issue of blanks.

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18