Noel Hegan

Default Granite worktops: any advice please?

Tony Wood wrote in message ...
In message , JB
writes
Having decided to revamp the kitchen my wife has 'decided' on granite
worktops.
Sourcing, specifying, installing?
Can you get different colours?
Any advice on typical pricing much appreciated.

Found myself in a similar situation earlier this year. It was
"decided" that our kitchen "needed" a revamp. And a granite worktop
was "specified". Ended up for about 4.5 metres of 30mm x 600mm
anthracite coloured granite £500. Not bad I thought and I actually
like it. No fathing about with mats for saucepans straight off the
cooker,hardly ever even use a chopping board.
Guy came to measure up once the new units were in, made a 6mm MDF
template. Couple of weeks later came back and fitted the granite,
glueing it down with adhesive and filling the joint with black
silicone. All in all a great job.

Rgds

Noel

noel dot hegan at virgin dot net