Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Casing doors

Bill wrote:

I've been "sweating that miters" ever since I took the old one molding
down! Though the fellow who did the previous installation didn't sweat
it--he just left a 3/8" gap inside the miter I guess that's why I
didn't hesitate to discard it.

Wow - that's either an exageration, or a really poor piece of workmanship.

I haven't figured out yet why I one may need a rosette cutter (it
seems like they should be of standard size (s) --like 2 3/4" square) but I
like your idea of using "corner blocks" (much better than my
chances of cutting perfect miters!)
I'll investigate further.

I don't know why you believe that Bill. Think of it this way - an accurate
cut is an accurate cut - regardless of whether it's on a bias or it's a
square cut. Your ability to cut precisely is exactly the same in i either
case. Don't let your head get you confused. If you can cut at 90 degrees,
you can just as easily cut at 82 degrees. You can do it...

--

-Mike-