Carter

Default Humidor question

Most hardwood suppliers also carry spanish cedar, just make sure you
confirm that it is spanish cedar as regular cedar will ruin your cigars.
Another option some humidor manufactures use for interior liners is
Honduran Mahogany. In my opinion it doesn't age cigars as well, but if
your just building a small personal unit, then aging probably isn't your
highest priority.

For myself I converted an old solid oak 1900's ice box to a humidor. I
lined the interior with spanish cedar and made some spanish cedar
drawers for my loose cigars. Boy, it was a ton of work, but well worth
it. It holds about 1000 cigars and has computer humidity control. If
anyone's interested you can view it on my personal site at the following
address:
http://pweb.netcom.com/~raptorlp/humidor.html

Lee
Carter Products

Dave wrote:
Where can I buy Spanish Cedar to use for a liner?
Thanks