Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Casing doors

On Tuesday, July 30, 2013 8:21:35 AM UTC-5, Leon wrote:

Hey Robert! How was Kalifornia? Did you see any airplains that may

have been flying to Lo? ;~)

LOL! Not this trip.

Funny thing about Lake Tahoe, they don't consider themselves Californians and are tired of being painted with the same brush as the dreaded "Bay Area Assholes". Those folks in Tahoe really, really don't like their southern neighbors. I heard that everywhere I went this trip.

Without the skiing industry, Tahoe would be just another sleepy tourist town. If you go now, there are few tourists and the town rolls up at around 9 at night. The streets are literally deserted by 11. A nice, clean hotel room on the beach area of the lake is about $80 a night!

Hard to take a bad picture there too, since it is sooooo scenic. The folks there on both sides of Tahoe love their town and have a lot of pride in it and it shows. There is no trash anywhere in the streets; there is NO graffiti. This trip there was a wooden boat show, and antique car show, along with all the other things to do. We rode the gondolas, took the river boat cruise, drove to Carson City and rode the antique train up to Virginia City, and on an on.

The trip was a huge success. Plenty to do, but really relaxing as well.

You and lovely K should put that on your list!

Robert