Posted to rec.woodworking
willshak willshak is offline

Default I Dont Think The Drive Belt Is The Issue

Dr. Deb wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On Tue, 30 Jul 2013 04:44:01 +0000, Ken
wrote:

I have a 10” Montgomery Wards table saw with a model number of

THS2245.
My problem with it is that the belt seems to be slipping as the motor
continues to run, but the blade will stop spinning when you feed it a
board. The belt is in good shape and is tight. It also is one of those
notched belts with notched drive pulleys. It appears to me that there is
some type of clutching mechanism on the shaft and I suspect that to be

the
issue, but have no idea how it works. Any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated

Blade stop but motor still turns?
How free is the blade spinning when you remove the belt? Could be the
bearings dirty with sawdust or going bad from wear. Hey, maybe it is
still under warranty. Check the receipt.

I don't think checking the receipt is going to do him any good, as Monkey
Wards went out of business about fifteen years ago.

Just the brick and mortar stores and mail ordering. It's still in
business as an online shopping store.
http://www.wards.com/

--
Bill