Posted to rec.woodworking
G. Ross G. Ross is offline

Default I Dont Think The Drive Belt Is The Issue

Ken wrote:
I have a 10 Montgomery Wards table saw with a model number of THS2245.
My problem with it is that the belt seems to be slipping as the motor
continues to run, but the blade will stop spinning when you feed it a
board. The belt is in good shape and is tight. It also is one of those
notched belts with notched drive pulleys. It appears to me that there is
some type of clutching mechanism on the shaft and I suspect that to be the
issue, but have no idea how it works. Any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated

Is the blade tight on the arbor?

--
 GW Ross