Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default PSU Voltage for PC Speakers with Subwoofer (Logitek (small))

In article ,
Brian Gaff wrote:
Can you not get spares for this psu then? Often power amps run on higher
voltages, so don't be surprised if its up to 35 volts. I'm assuming the
psu is inside the woofer box, which means you cannot replace it unless
you know the type. Currents can be quite high, particularly for small
sub woofers as they tend to have longer throws and ported cabinets.

Cheap lowish powered amps like these are often 12 volts as they can make
use of cheap and plentiful circuits designed for car use.

--
*I went to school to become a wit, only got halfway through.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.