Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Way to slow down box fan?

On Mon, 29 Jul 2013 22:26:19 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

Dang, I forgot all about the dimmer already built on to the cord. The
only thing I don't know about them is whether or not they use a triac.
Perhaps one made to dim LED lamps would work better but those may use
SCR's instead of triacs. I'm so use to building things I forgot about
the ready made dimmers on a cord. O_o

LOL. This reminds me of when I wanted to build a lid for lidless
frypan, but you all convinced me to buy one meant for another pan or
pot. (I had to go to 8 thrift shops, but it took only about 5 minutes
each and was a lotl easier than making one.)

TDD