Posted to alt.home.repair
chaniarts[_3_] chaniarts[_3_] is offline

Default Advice requested for the repair of 3 of 4 ceiling fans (perhapsremote controlled?)

On 7/29/2013 11:57 AM, Danny D. wrote:
On Mon, 29 Jul 2013 07:05:29 -0700, Oren wrote:

The Emerson appears to be a SR100 Universal Remote Control
Canopy Mount Receiver Operates from approx. 40'
http://www.buyceilingfan.com/emerson/emersoncacontrols.htm

Hi Oren,
Wow. You're a saint. That looks exactly like the one I have.

The most important non-operating fan is the high one in the
foyer. Luckily, the high foyer fan and the working fan appear
to be in the original section of the house, and they appear to
be of similar construction - so - I'm going to assume they
work the same.

Unfortunately, this one working fan is still in a very tall
location (I'm going to guess 15 to 18 feet) on a center beam of
the original house - so - it's still up there (compared to the
other two non-working fans which I think are in a remodel or
additional construction area of the house).

Neither of the two original fans are accessible through a
stepladder of any decent size (mine is about 10 feet tall),
but I *might* be able to get an extension ladder on the
8 inches or so of center beam shown in this pictu
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2881/9...ba734fc0_o.gif

now, that idea is truly dangerous, especially without a spotter holding
the bottom of the ladder quite well.