Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Advice requested for the repair of 3 of 4 ceiling fans (perhaps remote controlled?)

On Mon, 29 Jul 2013 18:49:58 +0000 (UTC), "Danny D."
wrote:

Interestingly, the problem will be compounded by not knowing which
of the dozen or so wall switches in the foyer actually operate the
fan.

Try pulling the fan light switch chain and flip the wall switches. The
light may come on - mark the switch with a dot sticker.

I used to wonder why wall outlets had stickers on them. The one with
a sticker was switched, I later learned. Easy then to know which
receptacle was switched for a table or floor lamp.