Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Advice requested for the repair of 3 of 4 ceiling fans (perhapsremote controlled?)

On 7/29/2013 7:34 AM, Danny D. wrote:
On Mon, 29 Jul 2013 06:53:41 -0500, The Daring Dufas wrote:

I had to repair a ceiling fan in the foyer of an apartment building and
the fan was way up there.

This is also in a foyer. So, that's why it's probably even more
than 2 ceilings high, as it's at roof level, so that's about 25 feet
or so (I think).

I'm not sure how to measure, but, I can drop a string from the
balcony to measure from the balcony down. And then, I guess, I can
stick a pipe up from the balcony to measure from the balcony up.

Will report back on the height. Will also call rentals to see
if any carry the Trestle ladder.

All I can tell you about working that high is to have an adult spotter
at the bottom of the ladder, preferably someone who is strong enough to
steady the ladder if you make any kind of move that might cause you to
lose your balance. He/she/it doesn't have to be The Amazing Hulk, just
someone strong enough to assist you with transporting and setting up the
ladder. ^_^

TDD