The Natural Philosopher

Default Granite worktops: any advice please?

JB wrote:

"Jonathan Pearson" wrote in message

"JB" wrote in message

Having decided to revamp the kitchen my wife has 'decided' on granite
worktops.
Sourcing, specifying, installing?
Can you get different colours?
Any advice on typical pricing much appreciated.
thanks,
JB

We're just in the same process, and am busy getting quotes, but it very

much

depends upon the amount of work involved, just so you've got a rough idea,
I've put a pdf of our kitchen plan here http://tinyurl.com/vjoo (next few
days only) and the quotes so far for Nero Assoluto / Zimbabwe Black 30mm
granite are £2020 +VAT from a supplier in Broxbourne, Hertfordshire, and
£2400 + VAT from our slate floor supplier based in Paddock Wood, Kent.

These are supply only and templating will be provided by myself. Not as

bad

as I was expecting as Ikea want around £1000 for custom-made laminated
worktop for the same kitchen.

Excellent info thanks Jon.
Double your layout lengths, add a larger island, and that is what I'm up
for!

Go to local grave maker (monumental masons) and ask them. Often a lot
cheaper.

Thanks again.
JB